CORONAVIRUS 2019 (COVID-19) RESOURCES
Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford is working hard with our partners to slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in our service area and to maintain essential functions. We have compiled this list of resources for your convenience.
For information about a specific Federation partner, please visit their individual website. Click below for a list of links:
For information on a specific Connecticut town, we encourage you to visit your town's website. Click here for a list of towns we serve.
Virtual Community Events
Get Help with COVID-19
Are you or a Jewish friend or family member in Greater Hartford struggling because of COVID-19? Emergency financial assistance, kosher groceries, soap and shampoo kits, menstrual hygiene products, and "wellness check" phone calls from volunteers are available. Click here for details or to submit a request.
Resources for Individuals & Families
Resources for Businesses & Nonprofits
COVID-19 Community Updates
Click the links below to read our community-wide emails and other communications on COVID-19.
- March 11, 2020
- March 13, 2020
- March 20, 2020
- March 25, 2020
- March 26: Association of Jewish Cemeteries Revised Protocols
- March 27, 2020
- April 3, 2020
- April 7: Impact Report: Passover Food Delivery
- April 14: Impact Report: Supporting Hygiene Needs
- April 14: Association of Jewish Cemeteries Revised Protocols
- April 14: Greater Hartford Rabbinical Association Funeral Protocol during COVID-19 Outbreak
- April 17, 2020
- April 24, 2020
- April 28: Impact Report: Behavioral Health Counseling
- May 1, 2020
- May 12: Impact Report: Emergency Financial Assistance
- May 27: Impact Report: Reassuring Homebound Seniors
- June 9: Impact Report: Delivering Food, Toiletries, Help, and Hope
- June 30: Impact Report: Grant Guidelines for Agencies & Synagogues
- July 14: Impact Report: Help and Hope in Hard Times
- November 2: Impact Report: Grants Awarded So Far
Volunteer Your Time
Jewish Family Services is currently offering two COVID-19 related volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteers are needed to pack and deliver groceries for the Anja Rosenberg Kosher Food Pantry and also to run errands to stores. The deliveries are contactless (you pick up bags outside of JFS and deliver them outside of the recipient's home). For more information, please email Cody Daigle-Orians.
- Project Quaranteer is a great way to get children involved in COVID-19 volunteering from home. Families purchase selected snack items and assemble care packages for families in need, from home. Click here for details.